"Duncan Cross" <duncan.cross@gmail.com> writes:
> I thought we were talking about function call statements, rather than
> expressions.

I dunno what you're talking about, but _I'm_ talking about extending the
current Lua concept of "no parens needed for passing a single
string/table to a function" concept to work for numbers as well.

Such "no parens" invocations bind very tightly to their argument --
like other unary operators -- so it's pretty clear why the _statement_
fun"a".."b" doesn't work.  I don't think it's particularly relevant to
this question though.

-Miles