Robert Raschke wrote:
The sys.tables table in SQL Server contains fields with pretty
SQLServer specific types: datetime and bit.  It also has nchar and
nvarchar, which I am unsure whether LuaSQL handles just now.

Thanks Robert. I should mention also (nice to see how there's
always one more piece to the puzzle) that even the standard
tablesin the database give the exception on line 163.

You could change your query to cast every field explicitly (slightly tedious).

I'll read up on doing that. I'm not too familiar with SQL
in general.

Or you could use ADO via LuaCOM directly:

And I was really hoping to avoid this, but if it's the only way....

Thanks for the pointers and help.

Cheers, Ralph