> From Eric Tetz
>   -- I have no idea what 'CR' appended to a number means,
>   -- so I'll pretend it means negative...

"CR" means CREDIT to accountants and indeed implies negative.  It makes no
sense to me either- I just have to live in their world.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely be testing this.

In my particular case, the captured data is destined for MS Excel, and Excel
understands all of the accounting nomenclature/conventions.  This capability
means we are importing data into Excel instead of typing it.  I hobbled past
my bug (false data captured) and made my deadline, so now I have the time to
get this right.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This E-mail message and all attachments, which originated from Sealy Management Company Inc, are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient or entity and may contain legally privileged and confidential information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender of the message immediately and delete this message and all attachments, including all copies or backups thereof, from your system.  You may also reach us by phone at 205-391-6000.  Thank you.