I added the following interpreter environment variables to  Eclipse:

SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
OS=Windows_NT
WINDIR=C:\WINDOWS
and I got a hung condition when trying to connect to my Database but no error, no response.

I tried the network http.request() example that you posted in the bug report and it worked as reported.  So maybe there is something additional going on with the database connection.