Le 26 déc. 07 à 21:02, Tim Kelly a écrit :

What I'm trying to say is that beyond that advantages of using Lua for development, how do I convince myself and prospective clients that basing a solution on Lua is not risking their investment, when compared to the "permanence" of PHP and Perl?

This is funny because I remember people asking the exact same question a few years ago when trying to sell PHP over Java to prospective clients... Retrospectively, it really sounds stupid. In terms of roadmaps, Lua is already in my opinion more advanced as a language than the "competitors" you mention. What's really missing at the moment is a tool like Cpan or Pear. It takes time to build such tools and the community that contributes. Every new release of Lua would probably slow down the process even more.

--
Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam