On Dec 13, 2007 9:10 AM, Rici Lake <lua@ricilake.net> wrote:
> I don't see the advantage of using globals, though.

Yeah, of course not. I wouldn't put all those symbols into the global
namespace, either. The code was just for illustration of the
principle.

I would probably go for the approach of having all localizations in
one file, though, just because I hate applications that install 3000
files (with all the slack that entails), rather than using some sort
of packaging system (assuming 12n/english.lua, l12n/martian.lua, etc.
are not themselves stored in some kind of 'wad' file).

Cheers,
Eric