And I forgot to add "Thank you!!!!!"

Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tomas Guisasola Gorham" <tomas@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: Lua module loader from usertype

Hi Luís Eduardo

I am not sure if I understood your implementation correctly
but your problem reminds me of someone who wrote a module like:

-- mod.lua
M = {}
function M:f()
end

And a script to test it:

local m = require"mod"
print(m) --> true

`require' returns the contents of `package.loaded[modname]'
(in this case, `package.loaded["mod"]') which is set to true to avoid
loops of calls to `require'.  However, the module could avoid this
problem if it implements one of the following:

- returns the constructed table (which could be a local for those
 who don't want to have globals pointing to the packages).  In the
 above case, just add `return M' at the end of the file

- uses the `module' function (which registers the module at the
 proper place: package.loaded[modname])

- manually register the new module in package.loaded[modname].

There is a rationale for that in PiL 2nd edition, chapter 15.

Regards,
Tomás