When I got my PIL2, I gave my boss the first.

(I got him to accept lua for my project, but as far as I know he never read it... )

Tim Hunter wrote:
I have an opportunity to introduce Lua in my workplace. My goal is to replace an existing scripting language. The existing language is proprietary, was developed in-house, has limited functionality, is hard to maintain and extend, and is only maintained by its inventor.

I have already shown that Lua can be used in place of the existing language, but my boss wants to know why we should bother. After all, he says, the existing language is working (for now) and we have several developers who are trained to use it. These developers would have to learn Lua.

Can you point me to existing web pages or other documentation that I can use to help craft my rationale?

Thanks!