Jerome Vuarand wrote:
The manifest itself should be generated by the compiler when linking a
dll/exe. My copy of Visual C++ Express 2005 generate a manifest for all
created dll and exe files.

I tried once (unsuccessfully) to run on another machine an executable produced by VC++ Express 2005 + Platform SDK. The only thing I got from lots of documentation, msdn, newsgroups, experimenting and peer advice was a feeling of complete confusion. I'm glad to hear that there's supposed to be some rational thinking behind that, but I'm a lot gladder that I don't have to use it in my work :-)

  Enrico