[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: L2: Lua compiler in the works
- From: "Humberto S. N. dos Anjos" <h.anjos@...>
- Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 23:29:26 -0300
- constant folding (already present) and propagation, dead code elimination, copy propagation and inlining;
- some loop optimizations (fusion, unrolling, invariant code motion);
- and some SSA-based optimizations.
There aren't much static optimizations to do at the bytecode level, other than write a decent code generator.
On Nov 18, 2007 6:07 PM, Asko Kauppi <email@example.com
What kind of optimizations are you planning on?
My interest would be comparing this to LuaJIT and on the other hand
to what token filters / macros would allow.
Humberto S. N. dos Anjos kirjoitti
18.11.2007 kello 15:32:
> Greetings, everyone!
> I am working in a Lua 5.1 optimizing compiler, written using Lua
> and LPeg, and I'm in a dire need of sample programs for testing and
> optimizing. Ideally, I wanted 3 or 4 programs of a considerable
> size, written entirely or mostly (the more the better) in Lua 5.1,
> with a test suite (nothing fancy, just something to demonstrate
> that the compiled code works), and without (many) external
> dependencies or special environment needs. Does anyone have any
> interesting candidates to spare? Or know some?
> Thank you for your time,
> Humberto S. N. dos Anjos
> <insert witty quote here>
Humberto S. N. dos Anjos
<insert witty quote here>