Sorry for the chatter on the list - I've figured out how to use the userdata
environment as suggested by Jerome. One more question - assuming that I'd
only be registering a single event per userobject, is there any particular
reason I'd choose one method over the other? The 2 methods being -

1. Registering the handler in the registery using luaL_ref and storing the
return value.
2. Storing the handler in the userdata environment.

Does having an empty table as the userdata environment have much affect on
memory usage? Most of my objects probably won't have handlers.

Thanks-

John