I have designed the AI scripting for my project in the following way: for each entity I execute the AI script every X ms. This works fine for very simple scripts, but for more complex scripts I expect the program to repeat a lot of basic tasks, like checking if entity is fighting, if has to heal itself, etc. So, it is much better to suspend execution and continue on next refresh turn that to spend CPU cycles on something already done 100 ms ago. I thought in coroutines, but then I noticed that i have to deal with 200-300 entities, which represents 200-300 different scripts executed one after another.
Is there some way to do this? Or perhaps I should redesign my AI system?

--
http://dsgp.blogspot.com | Linux, programación, juegos
Have no place I can be since I found Serenity

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com