Hello Shmuel,

Saturday, November 10, 2007, 8:54:10 PM, you wrote:

SZ> I wonder why SciTE links to Lua statically rather than to the Lua DLL.
SZ> How then one can debug a Lua script that require()s some DLL libraries
SZ> that are linked against, say, lua51.dll, could it end up with a program
SZ> crash?

I've compiled SciTE to link dynamically to lua51.dll specifically to keep all the lua stuff in one place end encountered no problem using it so far. For the remotely curious, I've uploaded my build to
http://nth.ro/scite.zip
The main (and only) differences are the dynamic linking to lua and to the vc80 runtime, and lua.api and lua.properties modified for syntax highlighting and calltips for the libraries I use regularly.

--
Theodor-Iulian Ciobanu