Leo Razoumov wrote:

Roberto,
here at AT&T Research Labs I am contemplating to put Lua on iPhone. If
you have any compelling reasons why Lua is better for resource
constrained (CPU/memory/power) devices than other scripting languages,
please share.

I'm not Roberto, but I have had (in my opinion) good success putting
Lua on a very constrained ARM7 device with 256K Flash and 64K RAM.

The biggest issue continues to be heap fragmentation which I am
still trying to find ways to minimize.

As I understand it, the iPhone is running a stripped down OSX
and has way more RAM than I had available.

I'm putting Lua on my Nokia 770 Internet Tablet int he next few
weeks and it should be a pretty straightforward port...

Ralph