Reuben Thomas wrote:
> This release of my bitwise operations library fixes a bug reported and
> patched by John Stiles, and some deficiencies in the build system.
> http://luaforge.net/projects/bitlib/

Reuben,

Perhaps it's operator error, but I get the following:

lua -lbit
Lua 5.1.2  Copyright (C) 1994-2007 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
> print(('%08X'):format(bit.bnot(0)))
00000000
> print(('%08X'):format(bit.bnot(1)))
00000000
> print(('%08X'):format(bit.bnot(0x12345678)))
00000000

Everything else seems okay, but I always get 0 for bnot() calls.

If I change the bnot declaration to be UInteger, then it works:

MONADIC(bnot,    ~,  UInteger)

I'm running x86 Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft Linux. I installed libbit using
plain configure, make, make install, then copied liblua-bit.so to bit.so
in my Lua share packages area.

Doug

--
Innovative Concepts, Inc. www.innocon.com 703-893-2007 x220