I ported Lua on my iPAQ Windows CE PocketPC, integrated it with Cepstral's speech synthesizer (SwiftTalker SDK) with SWIG, and used it to make a touch screen pie menu based user interface scripting system (just for fun and learning, not a released commercial product). It was pretty straightforward, but the main challenge of porting Lua to the PocketPC was making all the win32 calls use Unicode, which involved inserting calls to string conversion functions at appropriate locations in some of the windows operating system glue code.

   -Don

Matt Campbell wrote:
Code Factory (http://codefactory.es/) has written a screen reader for the blind that runs on Windows Smartphone, called Mobile Speak Smartphone. As far as I can tell, the screen reader itself is written in C++, but it uses Lua as a scripting language to customize it for specific applications.

Matt