Duck <duck@roaming.ath.cx> writes:
> So, code which might gracefully and efficiently use {...} must fall back
> ungracefully and less inefficiently (say the detractors) on select(), or
> table.maxn(), to deal correctly with varargs.

Can you given an example where the "fall backs" are less graceful or
less efficient?  I'd think using "select()" would be _more_ efficient
(since it can avoid creating the table).

Anyway, code like:

   local t = {...}
   for k = 1, #t do
      local v = t[k]
      do_something (k, v)
   end

seems clear enough...

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia