This is not normal that this version works and not the other. Now it's up to you to decide if that's a problem for you or not.

De : lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br [mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] De la part de Crystal Jewels
Envoyé : 25 octobre 2007 16:50
À : Lua list
Objet : RE: Advice request to build C functions in a library for Lua5.1 -Success - Thanks

FAO Jerome and Alex

Thank you both very much.

The final solution to call:

local mylib = require("mylib")

in the lua script resulted in a correct return.  Thank you very much.

This was successful regardless of whether the compilation included -llua -llualib

The reduction in linking to exclude -llua -llualib resulted in a much smaller footprint.

The installation is as recently downloaded -v 5.1.1  I was not aware of patch updates.

Very many thanks for your assistance.

Jerome Vuarand <jerome.vuarand@ubisoft.com> wrote:
Crystal Jewels wrote:
> FAO Jerome
>
> Thank you for your advice.
>
> I had already attempted this solution but it fails with:
>
> attempt to index global 'mylib' (nil value)
>
> I chose to substitute the package.loadlib because I could
> then specify a path. I have failed in assigning a path
> by other methods.
>
> Further comments and advice would be gratefully received.

You can try that instead:

local mylib = require("mylib")

...but I don't think it will make a difference. Do you have a patched
version of Lua ? Also follow Alex Queiroz advice to build your module,
it may be the cause of the problem.