FAO Alex

Yes, thank you I had already removed -llua and -llualib after consulting
http://lua-users.org/wiki/BuildingModules
however I did not obtain any advantage and so left them in.  The error remained.

I accept that doing this results in a much tighter library with a smaller footprint and thank you for your advice.

Currently I still experience a failure using require with a reported failure to index.

Thanks

Alex Queiroz <asandroq@gmail.com> wrote:
Hallo,

On 10/25/07, Crystal Jewels wrote:

> // compile as:
> // gcc mylib.c -shared -L/usr/local/lua5.1/lib -I/usr/local/lua5.1/include
> // -llua -llualib -lm -ldl -o mylib.so

You should not link your extensions with the Lua library.
Instead, link the Lua interpreter in way that makes it exports its
symbols.

Cheers,
--
-alex