Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
>> This leads me to another question, to the authors (I hope they're
>> reading that thread). As stated in a previous list message [2], is
>> that patch still considered for inclusion in 5.2 ?
>
> [...]
>
>> Just by itself I think it would be a good reason to release a 5.2.
>
> Yes (but not soon ;)

I can imagine plenty of reasons for the 'not soon' part:
- no time to do it
- not well tested patch
- not much feedback on it
- desire to keep a low release frequency
- desire to add something else that is not finished
- bad alignment of stars
- etc.

Can we have an insight of the real ones ? Of course if it's "no time to
do it" don't waste more time answering this message ;-)