Manel wrote:

I am surprised with the (possible) necessity of an acronym
for Lua.  Perhaps marketing?  Or joking (in this mail
list)?

It is a joke.  Even though Lua is not and has never been an
acronym, newbies often incorrectly capitalize it "LUA", so
the joke was to try and come up with an acronym expansion
that means something like "Lua Is Not An Acronym".  (Which,
by the way, is my contribution to the thread.  It doesn't
matter that it has the wrong letters, since Lua Is Not An
Acronym!)

--
Aaron
http://arundelo.com/