Hello list,

I recently needed to use Luasocket's http.request function to grab
pages from another product's embedded webserver (which I think is
based on SNMP Research Inc.'s DR-WEB).

This webserver uses basic authentication, so I used a url in the form
http://user:password@host:port. In this form, the request always
failed.

After comparing headers that wget and curl sent with http.request's, I
realized that the webserver I was talking to requires the
authentication header keyword to be in the form "Authorization". The
behavior of the http module is to force all header keywords to
lower-case.

The fix for this is very simple... and I want to verify that there
were no hidden design reasons for the keywords to be changed to
lower-case as well as letting y'all know of this issue.

Regards,

-joe