Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their useful comments.

On Oct 18, 2007, at 11:57 AM, Olivier Galibert wrote:

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:45:53AM -0700, Brent Fulgham wrote:
Can more magic be used to handle this in the lexer?

You should think very hard about whether you want to be able to
interpret the previous language in the first place.

In this application, some customers have written their own scripts which they will expect to continue working (or at least to not stop working the first moment the Lua version is available). This isn't so much meant as a crutch for them, as a means to ease the transition.

I'll retain the old interpreter and fail-over to it if the Lua script fails to parse. Then in a release or two I'll ditch the old interpreter.

Thanks,

-Brent