hello, gary ng <garyng2000@yahoo.com>.

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:17:34 -0700 (PDT)
gary ng <garyng2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Ketmar Dark <ketmar@ic.km.ua> wrote:
> > are you sure that your service actuallly starts the
> > programs? seems
> > that you forgot to adjust ACLs...
> >
> That may be the case but how would one adjust that ?
it depends on windows version and other mysterious factors. %-)

if this is not Vista, try to register service as "interactive", this
may help. also you can try to run service under user/administrator
account instead of "SYSTEM". this may help too (but may not help also).

i think you should check if this is the source of the problem. try to
just os.execute() some console program with side-effect (let it create
a file or so). then try to do the same thing with io.popen(). if
side-effects are ok -- play with access rights. if not... you know
it, play with access rights. %-)

i think MSDN can help. or some windows guru (me not, i've deleted my
windows year ago %-).