Hi,

Personally I think VC8/msvcr80.dll is bad choice. The
compiler seems to be quirkier than VC7.1/msvct71.dll.
Free does not make it good.

I agree. But fewer and fewer people will have the correct
version of Visual Studio as time goes by. Is there a way to
force every version of Visual Studio to link against
msvcrt.dll or msvcr71.dll? If so, then problem solved.

Mixing CRTs is asking for trouble. The first library that
plays with a FILE * from a Lua file, or mallocs and frees
accross the mix is doomed.

[]s,
Diego