Yuri Takhteyev wrote:
> Will there be any support for exporting to other document format?
> Being able to save the documents in a format like ODT, xhtml or
> markdown would increase the usefulness by a few orders of magnitude!

I have written a primitive ODT exporter in Lua for the SciTE
editor (SciteLuaExporters). A primitive one isn't hard to write,
so it is definitely do-able. It will bloat David's word processor
by quite a lot, though. No more small and lean... :-)

The main problem is the performance of calculating CRC in Lua, in
wrapping the stuff into a zip container (with zero compression).
IIRC during testing, it seems that the old OpenOffice.org 2.0beta
loads an ODT with incorrect CRC as well, but then I think that
won't be a compliant ODT file.

Other than that, auto-generating ODT is an incredibly convenient
way of getting all the styling you want done without actually
doing any heavy-lifting -- just write out some XML files.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)