I have posted an early release candidate for the next (and hopefully
final) alpha version of Idle:

http://idle.thomaslauer.com/jidle.zip

By far the biggest change (and indeed the main reason for releasing this
code early) is the integration of LuaJIT, Mike Pall's great just-in-time
compiler for Lua.

As I have modified the Lua VM in a few places I had to modify Mike's
code as well. I thoroughly tested the resulting beast but there could
well be a couple corner cases I've missed. (Probably needless to say
that I am VERY interested in bug reports.) I may also decide to undo
this change, depending on feedback and comments I receive.

The zip file doesn't contain a complete install (documentation and
examples are missing, among other things); please see the readme for
further information.

--
cheers  thomasl

web : http://thomaslauer.com/start