Hi,

Renato Maia wrote:
> So my questions are: (a) has any one made any adjustments in the package
> model implementation to fit the VMS environment? (b) What would be the
> proper way to do it?

I suggest to follow Perl's example and allow both VMS-like and
POSIX-like path specifications everywhere. I.e. not just for
require, also in io.open. This simplifies porting Lua scripts.
A wrapper around fopen() is the way to go for the Lua core.

Take a look at the path translation routines from the Perl
sources. It's 1000 lines of truly horrific C string processing in
vms/vms.c. Search for "make life easier". :-)

Bye,
     Mike