Hi Luiz,

> If you need to use RTLD_GLOBAL in dlopen, just patch loadlib.c as you
> like and add it directly to your project. No need to recompile Lua at > all.

 Yes, that is the fix that Enrico was also suggesting, thanks.

I can do it for myself, true, but the problem will remain for everybody who wants to use C++ libraries depending on RTTI in Lua -- that is why I decided to post this problem on this mailing list: I really like Lua and I find unfortunate this problem is not corrected.

RTTI is now since quite a while part of the C++ language.

So I am only saying that right now "require()" does not fully support C++ language under any platform using gcc, while it does for Windows platforms. I would call that a bug.

Ronan.