On Sep 18, 2007, at 10:46 PM, Jerome Vuarand wrote:

With that syntax, the right string must be quoted, and the left string must be a valid Lua symbol. You cannot put characters '>', '~' in a Lua symbol. Precisely which characters are authorized in the symbols is local dependent.

You can also try this alternative syntax:

subs = {
}

Wow, that was fast! Thanks so much, that does exactly what I want. I'll need to iterate over the file several times, but that's not a problem!

Thanks!

Thomas