On 9/10/07, Mauro Iazzi <mauro.iazzi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Given that much has changed between 4.1 and 4.3, I did not assume it
> could work. The fact is that it is done with tolua++ which is a great
> tool, if you control the source to be bound or it is quite small.
>
> The fact is that it requires some files (pkg) which must describe the
> library code to tolua++. I don't know how those files were obtained
> for Qt 4.1. but (miracles aside) they will not work with Qt 4.3.
> Chances are that they were tweaked by hand (I _really_ don't know) and
> seem not mantained anymore.

As far as I know, the latest code on the SVN does compile with qt4.3
(tested with qt-x11-opensource-src-4.3.0 aparently). Of course the
bulk of the interface is not hand-tweaked (it was something like 15000
methods for the whole thing), but some tweaking is needed to add
convenient things (like transparent qvariants, stuff like that).
But yeah, the API I have is pretty old..

> My code uses gccxml, which is a backend (frontend) of gcc which
> exposes the internal gcc representation of the code as an XML tree.

how much does the parser depend on the 'Expat' library you mention on
the original mail? can it be done using one of the 'pure-lua' parsers
available out there?

Ariel.