	Hi Andreas

> It works by replacing the existing table. I though there's no difference if I delete and recreate a new table at the same place on the stack. The stack looks the same.
	Since Lua calls functions by value, changing the value
on the stack won't affect the caller -- for that I suggested to
return a new value and assign it to the variable :-)  James
suggested you change the existing table, thus not altering the
value on the stack (the reference to the table).

	Regards,
		Tomás