On 8/17/07, Patrick Donnelly <batrick.donnelly@gmail.com> wrote:
> What features would you like to see added?

I'd like to see the following in Lua (probably duplicates in the
thread... but here we go):

1. continue. I think this can be really useful sometimes.
2. shorter syntax for anonymous functions. I saw a patch somewhere
that allowed "do ... end" syntax for these... really nice looking in
my opinion.
3. __type for overriding type() and __pairs for pairs(). see the
LuaVirtualization page on the wiki
4. an officially supported (but optional) library for sockets, IO etc
that may not be ANSI C. I currently use LuaSocket and lfs.

--
Anders