[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Features you would like to see
- From: "Anders Bergh" <anders1@...>
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 05:39:56 +0200
On 8/17/07, Patrick Donnelly <email@example.com> wrote:
> What features would you like to see added?
I'd like to see the following in Lua (probably duplicates in the
thread... but here we go):
1. continue. I think this can be really useful sometimes.
2. shorter syntax for anonymous functions. I saw a patch somewhere
that allowed "do ... end" syntax for these... really nice looking in
3. __type for overriding type() and __pairs for pairs(). see the
LuaVirtualization page on the wiki
4. an officially supported (but optional) library for sockets, IO etc
that may not be ANSI C. I currently use LuaSocket and lfs.