Hi all.  This is my first time posting to this mailing list, so please forgive me in advance if I’ve done something improper!

I am an intern with a console game design company working on getting VSLua 2.0 to work with Visual Studio for a multi-project solution that uses Lua version 5.1.2 built into Anark’s Gameface.  I am running into a problem where VSLua is installed and the breakpoints that I set inside of the lua scripts are being hit, but they are generating unhandled exceptions.  I also get “Symbols not loaded” errors when I attempt to track variables using the VSLua watch list.  I believe it may be a dll or versioning issue.  None of my efforts to contact Trango Interactive (the makers of VSLua) have been successful.

If anyone can tell me whether VSLua is dead or alive or if you can offer any insights into my problem, I would much appreciate it.  I have included further details about our project below.  It seems like a great tool, but we don’t want to waste any more time on it if it is a dead product.

Cheers.

Allison

Details:

- using VS 2005 .NET Framework

- VSLua compiler settings within VS set to use 5.1.1 dlls (there is no option for 5.1.2 but there don’t appear to have been major changes since 5.1.1)

- using Lua 5.1.2 from Gameface

- scripts are located within .lua files within the project

- script breakpoint errors generate the following error on the lua call stack trace “[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for lua511_dll.dll]”