I'm testing some code that creates and releases 500 references using
luaL_ref and luaL_unref. Even though the calls to luaL_ref and
luaL_unref are paired, I notice that each call to luaL_ref returns a
number that is 1 greater than the previous reference number. I assume
this behavior is expected but I though I'd post here to make sure. (I
was guessing that reference numbers would be reused.)

--
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away. -- Antoine de St. Exupery