Daring... :)

Then let's call it
	table["nil"]

and let the Lua parser loosen up on the keywords a bit, to allow:
	table.nil

and instead of being itself a table by type, can we have its type() give 'nil'? (...hearing mumbling? Why not? )

The thing is, in iteration the type itself may be a decisive factor on how to interpret the values, and thus a 'table.nil' having any normal type should best be avoided. Also, if Lua were to go this road, the natural step would be to table.nil == nil in value comparison.

-asko