>Apologies again if this e-mail is badly formatted.
>str = "\nDo \nI\n\nwin?\n\n"
>for w in string.gmatch(str, "\n*([^\n]+)\n*") do print(w) end

I would do well to consider my own signature more often and to read the entire thread. After rereading the original thread post, I see that asking for all lines, >even empty ones<, is doable, but with the restraint that it excludes the last "virtual" line isn't possible (as noted previously).

Sorry for the useless posts,

-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant