RJP Computing wrote:
How do you "check" for a boolean argument from the C api? For that matter, I want the argument to have a default value of 'false'. I see that there are a bunch of luaL_checkxxx() functions, but none for boolean. There is also the set of luaL_optxxx() functions and boolean is not there either.

Ryan, I could not find it in the C API either, so I wrote my own
versions based on how the other versions that check for int, string, etc
work.

Then I figured there must be a good reason why that seemingly obvious
API call is not included and decided to use 0 and non-zero integers
instead.

Can anyone explain why these are not in the API?

Ralph