From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of Geoff Leyland
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 12:02 AM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Priority Queues?

Thanks Thierry,

I hadn't seen SystemC before, and since I know nothing about VHDL, I
wouldn't have known to look for it.  Haven't found the docs that
point to the underlying DE framework, but it's pretty clear that it's
there.  I'm guessing you have experience with SystemC and like it?

It still leaves the original "problem" which I think boils down to
"what's a good way keep track of a lot of lua objects in C/C++?", to
which which one solution seems to be keep them in a table in the
registry refer to them by indexes into that table.

(Incidentally, Jerome, I apologise for being dense before.  Your idea
about the lightuserdata makes perfect sense now: I can almost
certainly find a pointer somewhere to pair with each lua object and
use as a lightuserdata key in the table)

On the offchance anyone's interested, in a fit of motivation I wrote
a little DE engine in Lua last night.  It's really not much, but it
came together in no time at all and it's already shown me a few new
(to me at least) ways to think about things.  Lua makes programming
fun again!

cheers,
Geoff