On Sun, July 22, 2007 6:33 am, Diego Nehab wrote:
> At any rate, what does it mean for a line to have a <CR> in
> the middle of it? I understand you can use a trick like this
> in a terminal to overwrite something, or in a printer to do
> a cheap boldface, but it doesn't seem to make much sense
> anywhere else.

Macs before MacOS X (MacOS 9 and older) all use a single carriage return
as the line terminator character. Linefeeds are not used. I don't know if
they take this "outside the box" and use it for HTTP, so I'm not sure if
it's relevant to the discussion. Most MacOS text/source editors still
support different types of line endings, CR-only included.

--
Juri Munkki