Since this is an add-on, does that mean you'd have to work with the lua source itself to get this working? If so, then It's a little beyond me as I've never worked with C, I've been working with FreeBasic and pre-compiled lua libraries

Asko Kauppi wrote:

Token filters are an experimental add-on to Lua 5. They've been discussed extensively on the list, and there are a couple alternative implementations currently.

In short, they will allow one to "cut in" the token stream, modifying syntactical things as long as the outcoming stream remains valid Lua tokens. In the exhibited case, one would simply add "nil" where two consequtive commas occur. In practise, it is not quite as simple as this.

Alternatives to experiment with include lhf's token filter patch, my fsyntax.lua/ftools.lua which builds upon it (adding syntax awareness), and MetaLua (which in my opinion has way too complex expressions, but I'm biased... ;)

-asko

http://lua-users.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=token+filter&sort=score&idxname=lua-l&max=20 <http://lua-users.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=token+filter&sort=score&idxname=lua-l&max=20>