Hi,

this sounds like a bug to me, well at least not
something I would expect.

It might not be what you expect, but certainly it is not
what a line expects either. Let's call it a feature.

A better treatment of line breaks, I believe, can be found
in the MIME module end-of-line normalization function.
Perhaps I should have used it for the receive function. The
current solution was the best I could come up with that
does not require maintaining context or buffer shifting.

Regards,
Diego