Hi,

I am writing a binding for xyssl which has its own
send/receive routine, thus need to redo these
buffering. And I am thinking, shouldn't this magical
"*a" and "*l"(which obviously requires buffering) be
either implemented in lua or as a seperate module(then
wrap around the underlying object that does the raw
read/write) ? That way, the underlying C module don't
need to change and it would be much easier to
customize and reuse ?

I had the impression I had done exactly that. The buffering
code is completely independent of the send/receive routines,
is it not? It is, in fact, an independet module. The
send/receive routines are just function pointers. Can you
ellaborate?

Regards,
Diego