(All this is highly speculative, of course. It depends on the program
behavior. Currently we have no strong results to support this option.
Actually, we do not have a good set of programs to test the behavior
of the garbage collection in "real" situations. It would be very
useful to have such a set.)

ok,i think i've understood fully,thanks a lot :-)
by the way,as my own opinion, i thought that the table type is the only container type who is interactable to programmers, so it may faces more situations than any other ones(such as proto,clousure), and luaC_barrierback seems "safer" than luaC_barrierf .