Hi there!
 I'm trying to compile and save a function from within lua. This is my current approach (assume src is a string containing the source code and file is a file opened with "wb"):

   fun, err = loadstring(src)
   file:write(string.dump(fun))

  When I look into the generetade file, though, I found the entire source code (the src string) preceded by the binary header and followed by other Lua VM code.

  I guess this mean that next time I reload the function the source code will be compiled and loaded.

  I would have liked to have an all binary file as the ones created by luac. I understand luac uses the C API to achieve that but I've not be able to understand how to do the same within a Lua script!

  Any insight would be appreciated!

  Remo

Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on MSN. Check it out!