Snapshots. Now I see use to the static random* response.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] Em nome de Philippe Lhoste
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 5 de julho de 2007 11:15
Para: lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
Assunto: Re: Table boundaries

On 05/07/2007 15:29, Luís Santos wrote:
> Isn´t it confusing?

Confusing, perhaps, but it still have some logic...
This allows to manage hollow tables (few values scattered in a big range
of indexes) efficiently, while managing full tables (almost all indexes
having a value) efficiently too (numerical indexes instead of hashed ones).
I believe that Lua is able to smartly switch from the first type to the
second, which is a good thing.
You can still pre-fill your array with 0s if you want your table to act
like a classical array in most other languages.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France

http://www.eset.com