"Leonardo Maciel" <leonardo@maciel.org> wrote:

> What do you mean by a temporary directory? Temporary files are automatically
> deleted when closed or upon program termination. Do you need the same
> semantics on your temporary directory?

Yes, exactly.  I wouldn't care for manually removing it, but during
execution I need a directory in which I can create arbitrary filenames
without the danger of overwriting anything which already exists.

> If you have no need for portability

I do have that need - one of the points of writing this in lua is to be
able to run it on any system with TeX, including luaTeX, installed.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)