My last posting for the moment ;-)

>That's a nice idea - I will then try a ternary operation and see
>if it still works...

The ternary operation works fine (even with default optimiza-
tions switched on) - I also changed the if statement  for the
TESTSET operation accordingly.

Now, even Chunkspy works on my small JVC MP-C33 - which looks
like a good "stress test" for my little Lua port.

I'll do  some more tests of the port  and  then  (either come
back to this forum with some more "weird" questions or)  pub-
lish the code...

Until then: thanks again for all your help!

Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek         Phone:  ++49 (7031) 436 5784
Brunnenstraße 30/2    Mobile: ++49 (151) 172 879 18
D-71032 Böblingen     EMail:  Andreas.Rozek@gmx.de
Germany               URL:    http://www.Andreas-Rozek.de