On 19/06/2007, at 9:27 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

The more optimizations
it does, the bigger the chance for bugs. I guess only this instruction (and
the next, which is quite similar) needs to be changed.

This is an interesting take on it. Instead of Lua not handling "or" properly, it seems the C compiler can't handle it. Sounds quite likely on the evidence. I think it still would be useful to look at the actual generated assembler code to prove it beyond doubt.

It might be worth trying different optimization levels. Whatever your current optimization level is (Andreas), raise or lower it, see if that makes a difference.

- Nick