On 19/06/2007, at 6:15 AM, Andreas Rozek wrote:

Unfortunately, this may mean that I'll have to change every in-
equality test in every Lua source and header file :-(

Can you reproduce that in a small test program?

Sounds like a compiler upgrade is needed.

I would have thought that for any C compiler that:

if (1 != 1) --> do something

would be equivalent to

if (! (1 == 1)) --> do something

Your displays seem to indicate that both of the elements in the if are 1. Unless one is a floating point 1, and one an integer 1, or something extremely bizarre like that. Even then, I can't see why the 'if' would behave like that.

I would look at the generated assembler code.

- Nick